Our Cremation Integrity Guarantee
At Laumer Corrigan, we are proud to provide safe, secure, and trustworthy cremation services—guaranteed. To offer families the ultimate peace of mind, we offer a Cremation Integrity Guarantee and follow a stringent cremation process. If you have questions about any of these steps, please ask us.
1. Guaranteed Tracking System—To ensure that your loved one remains safe and secure throughout the cremation process, we use a Laumer Corrigan identification coin. This coin is engraved with a a personal identification number which is logged into our computer system. This coin and a personal identification bracelet are placed with your loved one and follows them through the entire cremation process. This allows us to track every phase of the cremation process, from the moment your loved one enters our care to the moment we return them to you.
2. Identification and Viewing—Positive identification is a critical step that we require before each and every cremation. Once your loved one is received into our care, we provide some preparation and take a photograph of them so that a family representative can provide positive identification.
If you would rather, your loved one could be more fully prepared with the clothing of your choice and a family visitation could be arranged for a small additional charge. Embalming is not required for this service.
3. Thorough Documentation and Paperwork Review—Our professional staff will handle all of the paperwork to ensure permits, authorizations, and other items have been properly documented. We will quickly obtain the signed death certificate and contact the Medical Examiner to request the cremation authorization. Our staff will review this paperwork to confirm absolute accuracy.
4. Careful Transfer to the Crematory—Once all of the paperwork has been completed, our staff will safely transfer your loved one, individually, to the crematory. The date, time, and name of our staff member in charge will all be recorded, and a second identification bracelet will be issued. At this time, the crematory operator will meticulously review all of the paperwork and verify your loved one's identification prior to the cremation. Our staff will remain with your loved one until the cremation process begins, never leaving them unattended prior to the cremation process.
5. Safeguarding the Remains—When the cremation is complete, the crematory operator will again verify the personal identification number. Your loved one's remains will be placed into the urn of your choice along with the Laumer Corrigan identification coin. The cremation paperwork is then filed in our permanent record.
6. Delivery to the Family—We will contact you to schedule a time for you to receive your loved one's cremation remains. We can deliver the urn to your home or you may visit the Funeral Home. We will provide a comfortable setting for you to receive the urn, should you choose to visit us.
Whatever you choose, Laumer Corrigan and our caring staff is here to assist you every step of the way.
Click here to download a printable copy of our Cremation Integrity Guarantee brochure.